Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Purpose of a Blogging Hiatus

 Remember when I took a blogging hiatus a few weeks back? 

I had started a play quite some time ago and it had been languishing in my electronic files, waiting for the right combination of inspiration and motivation so I could finish it. And then along came notice of the Calvin Theatre Company's 10 Minute Play Festival, a notice that came with a one week deadline (the deadline was slightly flexible, but if I allow myself to think that way about deadlines they are far less motivating). 

ANYWAY, I finished the play.

And submitted it.

And it was selected.

And I am so very excited and happy and I haven't been this much of either since I don't know when, and there is nobody here but Apollo and he doesn't want to jump around the room like an idiot with me, so I'm blogging out to you, loyal and casual and first-time readers, known and unknown. Celebrate with me! Pass around the virtual ice cream!

The play is called "The Cloud Watchers" and will be performed at Calvin College on Friday, October 3 and Saturday, October 4. It will be my first written work to be performed outside of a Harvest youth group setting. 

AAAAHHHHH!!!! [/scream of girlish excitement]

Wild Geese, I love you so much more than usual right now. ;)

3 comments:

Lisa Ann said...

Yay!!!!!!! Congratulations! Might I ask what that play is about?

Mom Jones said...

Wow, Suz! This is SO exciting! Can anyone who wants to go and see your play? If we are still in town (we are heading down to TX) in early October, I would LOVE to see your play! Congratulations! :)

one-eared pig said...

Congratulations!