Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Hiatus of a Different Sort, and a Stepping Back

I have company coming up for the long weekend, so I'll be on blogging hiatus again. When I return, I've decided I am going to ease back on the blogging and focus on other writing in the "off" days....both because I am feeling the need to do other writing (the foremost in my mind being a Psych fanfic this time, not another play just yet) and because I am feeling the need to do less blogging. 

It's kind of dangerous to blog every day. I start feeling like people out there really care what I'm talking about (which some of you certainly do), and yet also like I'm talking to myself (which I'm certainly not). I read some posts from an older blog last night and it was...painful. Seriously, nobody needs to get that much information about me without having to talk to me. Hence the search for a happy medium. I'm aiming for no less than two posts a week, but not necessarily seven. I mention this for the sake of my own motivation.

Speaking of motivation, I am going to do a little bit of cleaning now. I have been putting it off for two hours.

Enjoy your long weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

one-eared pig said...

Sounds like a great plan! Enjoy your company!

Lisa Ann said...

I've tried keeping a journal a few times, but it just seemed to get introspective in the wrong way -- the way that encouraged me to obsess about things rather than thinking them out and leaving them behind. All I'm saying is, I love reading whatever you put on your blog, but I agree with you on the dangers. Also, the phone is an excellent alternative when you need to talk about something, and you want someone talking back. :) Have fun with your folks; see you Sunday.