Monday, August 25, 2008

*Cue Wicked Witch theme music*

Tonight Trudy and I rode our bikes to book club and back. There is something about both physical exertion and intellectually stimulating socialization that makes me feel alive in a way that simply sitting at a computer does not. A pair of bike rides bookending...well, bookending book club was a lovely way to spend the evening. Rather especially so since we were discussing Cranford, a book by a woman about a society comprised nearly exclusively of women. All around, I feel very empowered tonight. (Not that I am anti-men. My neighbor held both doors open for me as I wrestled my bike upstairs, which is actually a very Cranford-esque good reason to have a man around.)

As for the title of this post...we raced the darkness home, and I challenge anyone who has ever seen The Wizard of Oz to ride a bike at breakneck pace and not play this theme song in your head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.