Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Filler

A little over a week ago I decided I was going to try to write something on this blog every day, as an exercise in discipline. (Some people go running....) I would allow for overflow posts, by which I mean that if I wrote three posts in one day because I was on a roll (this has actually happened), I would save two for dry times.

I don't have one of those posts ready. I thought about just skipping a post today. Who would care? Then I realized that I had sort of challenged myself to do this, and that I felt it was too early to give up already. I mean, usually I'm the president of giving up. Or I would be the president if I had ever bothered to run for office. I'm getting tired of giving up. So this is sort of a filler post, and sort of a post about sticking with the little things even when they get a little harder.

I want to be the kind of person who, as far as it depends on her, does what she says she will do. 

Even if I only say it to myself.

2 comments:

Nick said...

This is one of the best blog posts I've read in a while. It may just be filler, but it speaks to a larger purpose. Best of luck as you keep to your challenge - it's a good one, especially for writers.

Kerri said...

I will give up on things I am just doing for me - I can convince myself of my new position pretty easily. But if I commit to someone else I would have to be on my deathbed almost to go back on my word. The problem with that is it makes me hesitant to commit to anything. But way to stick with it and I have enjoyed reading your daily thoughts.