Saturday, April 18, 2009

World readership

One of the rather egotistical sorts of things I like to do after I've "published" a fanfiction is to go to the site and see the readership broken down by visitor country. (This is after I go see how many people have read it in general and wonder why so few of them have bothered to leave me a review. Yeah, it's nerdthetic.) So far, my latest fic (check it out if you want, but beware of Smallville spoilers) has had readers from the following, listed in order of number of hits:

USA
UK 
Canada 
Australia
France
Brazil
Germany
Philippines
Italy
Belgium
Turkey
Chile
Ireland
Norway
Indonesia
India
Austria
Croatia
Poland
Mexico
Finland
Bosnia
Argentina
Guam
Malta
Russia
Latvia
Puerto Rico
Pakistan
Netherlands
Switzerland
China
UAE
Venezuela
Greece
Dominican
Denmark
Guiana
Slovenia
Sweden
Czech Revar
Malaysia
Spain

I mention this because it's the most impressive list of countries I've seen yet--43, and that's not counting the mysterious unmarked country that I didn't note on the list. It speaks more to the popularity of Smallville fanfiction in general than to my own personal popularity, but still. It's pretty cool to see someone in Latvia, which sounds a lot like somewhere Dr. Doom would live, has read my work.

UPDATE: There are 56 countries total listed in the visitors to all my fics for the month of April. That represents over a quarter of the countries in the world. Including Iran. Whoa.

2 comments:

Smart Aleck said...

Most of us don't leave reviews because we don't write as good as you and we feel self-conscious.

Thursday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.