Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Honestly?

Sometimes I want a husband just so I have somebody to push decisions on. 

"Should I pursue this insurance agent job even though it means working all on commission and doing things that sort of scare me and a huge learning curve and a whole lot of work hours, especially at the beginning?" I would say, and he would say, "No, that's a bad idea, I'd rather you didn't go to work at all because I make enough money so that you can stay home and keep the house clean and cook and write and visit other friends who are at home during the day" or "Yes, you should do it, I believe in you and you are capable of so much more than you give yourself credit for and no matter what happens I'll always have your back." (Either way, I think you have to admit my imaginary husband is a pretty sensitive and amazing person.)

As things are...well, if they offer me a job after my upcoming Round Three interview, I figure I should have something better to say than, "Wow, I didn't expect you to like me this much and thus am completely unprepared with a response. My mom is hesitant about me working on commission and maybe going into seedy neighborhoods, can you speak to that?"

Tomorrow after I call them back, I think it's concentrated prayer time.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I can very much relate to that. I know my imaginary husband would fix a lot of my problems. And I am confident our imaginary husbands would become very good friends:)