Saturday, June 03, 2006

You're how old?

Last night somebody said I look about 16.

"Does my brother look older than I do?" I asked.

The reply? "Everybody looks older than you do." I find that very hard to believe. I've met some very young-looking people. Infants, for example, are never mistaken for my elders.

Which brings me to the fact that tomorrow is my birthday. I will be 27. I am very excited about this. For possibly the first time in my life, and certainly the first time since I graduated college, over the past couple months when I have been saying how old I am I've been giving an answer that won't be official until tomorrow.

I am not too old anymore. I am not too young. I am where I am and who I am at this time through the grace, power, and providence of God. I don't know what this next year holds, but I know Who holds this next year. All praise be unto Him.

"Forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."
~~Philippians 3:13b-14

No comments: