Monday, June 26, 2006

Song running through my head this morning

Although I've only heard it sung by Harley Quinn in Batman: The Animated Adventures, "Say That We're Sweethearts Again" was one of those kooky songs written in the 1940's. I include here the Harley version, which is abridged and slightly tweaked from the original (but not much).



I never knew that our romance had ended
Until you poisoned my food
And I thought it was a lark
When you kicked me in the park
But now I think it was rude
~~~
I never knew that our romance had finished
Until that bottle hit my head
Though I tried to be aloof
When you pushed me off the roof
I feel our romance is dead
~~~
It wouldn't have been so bad if you'd told me
That someone had taken my place
But no, you didn't even scold me
You just tried to disfigure my face
~~~
You'll never know how my poor heart is breaking
It looks so helpless, but then
Life used to be so classic
Won't you please put back that acid
And say that we're sweethearts again

No comments: