Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Commander! Report!

First off, someone is trying to kill my bird, and I don't appreciate it. I have a scratch across my leg because when the neighbors set off this strange hissy firework, Apollo and I both jumped, except Apollo skittered across my leg and to the other side of me. I appreciate his trust that I could save him from the fireworks.


Tonight's VBS Stories

Kid to me, before VBS: "Are the skits gonna be better tonight?"
Me: "Is the audience gonna be better tonight?"
(My brother, after hearing this story: "Oh, great. Way to be a teacher.")

We got a lot of good feedback on the skit tonight. I love the little kids coming up to me to shake my hand. It's great to be a celebrity in the eyes of children—you can make their day just by talking to them. (Which is one of the things I love about kids anyway.) A pair of girls who must have been about 7 came up to ask if I really drank any of the toxic liquid from the skit (supposedly acid). I told them I didn't, but that it would have been okay if I accidentally did because it was really lemonade. This made their night even better, because, as both of them started saying at the same time: "I thought so! I thought it was lemonade!"

I incurred a minor rugburn injury tonight in practicing for tomorrow's skit. Some people sacrifice their bodies to catch spherical objects hurling through the air. I sacrifice my body for the show.

No comments: