Monday, June 19, 2006

Benediction

"Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen."
~~ Hebrews 13:20-21
These words were pronounced over me for a fairly regular basis, and they sunk into my memory. Tonight I took this to heart: for longer than I have realized, I have been blessed with everything I need to do the will of God. The benediction has been said; the promise has been made. I don't know what comes next, but I know that I will be ready for it.
For now, here I sit, living on manna while I wait for the cloud to move.

No comments: