Thursday, February 02, 2006

Too much cruelty....

My co-worker forwarded me this link about bird abuse: http://queeniedesigns.com/CindyTest2.htm. Now, on the animal level, bird abuse is for me what dog abuse is to most other people. It makes me sick. I almost cried. And now I want to hug my parents' macaw Frodo, although to Frods that would BE bird abuse, so I guess I take that back.

It isn't on the morally reprehensible level of child abuse, but I think that people who abuse animals are not much better than child abusers. Because, really, abusing animals or children is feeding off a power rush over people and creatures who are not able to defend themselves. Why do people who don't want to care for their animals even have them? Why do people who aren't going to protect their children even have them, when there are so many people who would love to have children and can't? Why must we insist on control even though our desire to lord it over other creatures and people harms them and us?

No wonder all of creation groans together.

No comments: