Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Meghan Haan


This is Meghan Haan, an 11-year-old girl who goes to my church. Many of you know her already, and so little of what I'm about to say will be new for you.

I had the privilege of having Meghan in my class for a few years when I taught the 3rd-4th grade group during our Wednesday night Bible study. She impressed me with her interest in and engagement with the material. She asked good questions and provided thoughtful answers to questions I asked. I gave thanks to God for her and for granting the prayers of believing parents seeking to raise their children to be strong in the Lord.

Just now, everyone in the Haan family has special need of the strength only the Holy Spirit can give. Meghan was recently diagnosed with osteosarcoma (bone cancer). It has been literally awe-inspiring to see God work in this family. In the midst of a dark and frightening time, they are looking to him as their only possible source of light.

I have been encouraged by this family in the past--especially by Meghan and her big sister Lauren--and they continue as a source of encouragement. Please pray for drastic healing for Meghan and torrents of peace, comfort, and strength for her, her family, and all those affected by this. Please pray that lives may be changed for the better as they hear this beautiful young girl sing praise to God in a cancer ward. And please pray that those of us who aren't family may know how best to encourage the Haans.

If you would like to stay updated on Meghan, you can visit the website her mother set up: http://greenchairstudio.typepad.com/vibrantlife.

God hears the prayers of his people. Let's take advantage of it!

2 comments:

Mom Jones said...

I will pray for Meghan and her family, Suz.

The Journey said...

I love your blog, it is real and personal, one I will come back to again and again. Hope you come and visit mine