Monday, September 11, 2006

Tonight...

...I saw a kid I hadn't seen in years. He's not really a kid now. Actually, he's only a year or two younger than I am. But I knew him at college, when I was a few class years ahead of him, so "kid" was the first word that came to mind. I was his Spanish conversation group leader, and he was the slacker kid who didn't do his homework—as he himself was saying tonight. I had started to re-introduce myself, since we hadn't seen each other in at least five years, but he remembered me. He said he remembered one specific session in which I reacted to him with one of my sigh-and-shake-of-the-head-in-semi-despair moves (soon-to-be-patented).

...I met a friend's roommate, and she said she'd heard me spoken of very highly. We talked for a while and I saw why my friend had spoken of her so highly.

...I talked to a budding acquaintance. We exchanged a lot of amused looks and appreciative comments.

Something about being remembered, being praised, and being enjoyed makes me feel I can live up to everything involved in being a person who is treated this way.

...I am filled to overflowing.

No comments: