Monday, July 03, 2006

Your cheatin' heart

I saw Superman Returns this afternoon. In this movie, Superman has been gone for five years and Lois has "moved on" and started living with this other guy with whom she supposedly has a son.

I hate when my favorite couples in fiction date other people. Hate it.

Oh, sure, he's been gone for five years, and he didn't say goodbye, and "maybe saying goodbye would be too hard" is a really, really lame excuse, and why shouldn't she get to move on with her life, since he's basically blown her out of his by not telling her anything about why he was leaving, and in real life things are confusing and over the course of not hearing anything for five years I would have assumed I was wrong about somebody, too, no matter how many times my frequent flyer card was punched.

Superman, you're a dork!

*ineffective swat*

Okay, Lois is within her rights in this case. But there have been other times, with other charcters who weren't so bright, and made stupid mistakes about breaking up with their soulmates because...because...um....

*uncomfortable silence*

Okay, so maybe they had their reasons, too.

Maybe sometimes I want Art to be neat and tidy and pleasant in the way that Life is not.

1 comment:

Stephenie said...

I really do like your use of Capitals. It makes Everything seem so much more Important. (I overused it Here. Lo siento.)