Friday, November 11, 2005

Defending Honor

Sometimes I wish I were married just so that I could defend men from the onslaughts of four out of five of the other women in this office, who are constantly complaining about how men are insensitive, unthinking idiots who are more trouble than they are worth. I want to say, "No, actually, men are just different, and I for one appreciate that very much, and it has been extraordinarily helpful to me in my personal growth, and I love the opportunity to see things from another perspective, and they might not always think enough but generally we think too much," etc., etc. But when I try they kind of look at me like, "Oh, you don't have a man of your own, you don't know."

For the record, I know some really awesome men. So I get really defensive when people make blanket negative statements about men. True, I have been guilty of throwing those around in the past myself, but I have come to realize that I was wrong.

Back off and/or get some perspective, bitter coworkers.

No comments: