Thursday, November 13, 2008

Timing is everything

Yesterday I went out to the company warehouse to organize boxes. I was feeling very sorry for myself about current events in my life, and then suddenly I heard the receiving foreman saying to the truck driver who had just come by to pick up a truckload of foam: "Jesus Christ was in the tomb for three days and He rose again."

My heart jumped. Immediately I was tuned into their conversation. They talked about trusting God and praising God at all times: in good health and bad, strong economic situations and shaky ones.

"It is not by accident that I am in the warehouse right now," I thought, and I almost cried at the encouragement that was pouring over my soul as I was reminded (again): God's timing is right. God knows where I will be, and for what reason, and He leads me along where I need to go. I barely see the next footstep, but He sees the whole path...and gives light for one step at a time because that's all I can take, anyway. And He uses people even when they don't know it.

"Keep that church on wheels moving!" the foreman called out cheerfully as the driver left, then turned to me. "Did you see his truck?"

We went to the door and looked out at the semi parked at the dock. "JESUS IS LORD," it proclaimed in big red letters.

"Amen!" I said. 

1 comment:

Nick said...

Awesome - I love how He cares for us, even in the smallest of moments.