Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Homesick

I just spent a week at home with my parents. It was a good week, relaxing and yet with an odd feeling of productivity to it nonetheless. I don't know that I could recount a long list of accomplishments, but neither did it feel like I was squandering my time. (Maybe it was something about sharing it.)

I have a Lost viewing planned for tonight, and a meeting tomorrow afternoon, and then an interview, and Smallville tomorrow night (plus Jeopardy, maybe, and I'm going to let my hopes go up for that; forget you, statistics), and lunch with a former coworker this Friday before another evening out. I have friends here. I have a life here. 

Part of me wants to pack up and turn around and go back. I'm happy in Grand Rapids. But then I go to the other home, and that fits, too.

Kind of hard sometimes, having roots and wings.

No comments: