Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Fear Realized

I went to the dentist tonight. I haven't been for a year and a half, but I have untouchable tooth enamel, so that was all right.

Except NOT.

I have a cavity. My first ever cavity. I am hyper-nervous now, as if my tooth may fall out at any moment. I have an appointment on January 4 to get it filled. The thought of getting a cavity filled terrifies me beyond the capacity for rational thought.

*whimper*

Please keep any dental horror stories to yourselves until this nightmare is over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're how old and this is your FIRST cavity? May I ask what you were fed? Oh, and dentists are very gentle now, at least young ones are - it won't hurt a bit, well, maybe the shot will. Oops, sorry.

Thursday said...

Thanks for the incredulous reaction--it made me feel a bit better.

I've heard I may possibly be able to be gassed instead of poked with a needle. Hm....

Anonymous said...

I would say yes just to find out what kind of dreams you might have while under gas. Kind of like experiencing the druggie life without the danger. Your dentist is young............isn't he?

Thursday said...

Young, yes. "He," no.

What's your deal with young vs. old dentists??

Nick said...

I've been gassed and poked with a needle... neither one hurt! I've had a handful of cavities, and the experience hasn't been painful at all. No worries!