Thursday, October 19, 2006

From Yahoo News: "Scientists Create Cloak of Partial Invisibility"

"Sightings of translucent men in lab coats reported."

Of course I'm just kidding. Apparently, the invisibility effect works only for "creatures or machines that see only in microwave light." (That quote is for real. Go ahead, click on the link and see for yourselves.)

That is a big draw for me. I don't want whatever is in my microwave able to see me. If somebody put me in a microwave, I'm pretty sure I would want revenge. And what if the combination of microwave radiation, centrifugal force, and just the right secret sauce set off a chain reaction that gave whatever was in the microwave the power to project an image of the oppressor to someone--or someTHING--who/that could avenge it?

I don't know about anybody else, but I do not want to take that chance.

No comments: