Thursday, December 18, 2008

The 99 Things Meme

Things I’ve done in bold
Things I haven’t done but would like to do in italics.
Things I haven’t done and don't want to do in plain text.

1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars. (I sleep under the stars every night. Do some of you sleep above them?)
3. Played in a band — or musical.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. (What's the definition of "more than you can afford," anyway?)
7. Been to Disneyland. (I went to Disney World.)
8. Climbed a mountain. 
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo. 
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
20. Slept on an overnight train.

21. Had a pillow fight. 
22. Hitchhiked. (With my dad, because we ran out of gas.)
23. 
Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
24. Built a snow fort. (And had it collapse on me.)
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a Marathon.
28. Ridden a Gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. 
Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (I'm satisfied with what I have, but the satisfaction isn't really monetarily rooted.)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing. (Clambering up without gear on real rocks, with gear on indoor rocks. Still in pain sometimes from an incident on my last outing...I'm so hardcore/clumsy.)
40. 
Seen Michelangelo’s David.
41. Sung karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. (Yeah, this one is weird, I admit. And I don't want to pay for it or actually need to be in it, really...but I want to ride in one, absolutely.)
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. 
Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. (I only went to the second floor, but wouldn't mind going to the third if I were there again.)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. 
Played in the mud. (Yay, Calvin Mud Bowl!)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.

57. 
Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. 
Sold Girl Scout Cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. (From a co-worker's husband...and there WAS a reason, it was because his company had extra sitting around that he brought in for everybody at our office.)
64. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. 
Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. 
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. 
Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades. (I've been, but it wasn't exactly "touring.")
75. Been fired from a job. (More like "let go from a temp position," but still.)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone. (Mine, or someone else's? Haha, just kidding...neither.)
78. 
Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. 
Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House. (As in saw it from outside.)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. 
Had chickenpox.
89. Saaaaaved someone’s life. (I added those extra vowels.)
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby. (Would I like to have children someday? Yes. Would I like to have one biologically? I don't think so.)
95. Seen the Alamo in person. (I may actually have done this...if so, it was when I was really little. I don't quite remember.)
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahaha #89

Kerri said...

It's fun to think about how many of those things we have done together. And I was a little sad at the changing of the guard since we were there and wanted to but didn't make it. I am not sad about the top of the Effiel Tower, well I'm sad you guys didn't get to - I am not sad that I did't.

Thursday said...

Kerri, I was thinking the same thing as I typed it..."wow, I've done a lot of these things with Kerri! cool!"

I don't mind that we didn't get to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. It was more expensive and we saw a lot from where we were. I would go if I were there again and somebody I was with wanted to go to the top, but it's not something that's eating me up inside. Also, this way we have a story about how the two people in line ahead of us changed their minds on how high they were going because of us. :)

Kerri said...

And it does look like we could plan a few more trips together. And I just did this on my blog if you want to look at (I am sure you have gotten out of the habit of looking to see I posted since it has been 4 months.)