Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Healthy Holidays


Today I am fantasizing about having one of these.

I especially want the Sit-to-Walkstation. I would pay good money to have this in my office space. Never feeling too sedentary at work again...never feeling (as) guilty for skipping the gym.... Mmmmm.... Too bad I live on the third floor and it would be really awkward, or I would totally look into this for my apartment.
In related news, I am in a little competition (accountability group?) with some women I know from work. Our goal: maintain or lose weight this holiday season. I'm hoping for "lose," as in "lose the five pounds I picked up last holiday season and haven't shaken off." Stupid five pounds.
Because we're all trying not to gain weight, I sent an email to employees in the field asking them not to send us candy for Christmas. That was awkward. It sounds far too bold to say "buy me this instead of this." Even if you are pretty sure a gift is coming, it sounds presumptive. But on the other hand, I'd appreciate someone telling me (gently) that they don't really use/like what I tend to get them.
And because of that email, I will have llama mittens and a llama scarf for Christmas. So. Cool.
All that's really left now is the Walkstation....

1 comment:

Nick said...

I don't know if I could ever use one of those. Multitasking = not for me. I'd crack my chin on the keyboard within minutes of starting up that bad boy.