Sunday, September 09, 2007

Is it something in the water in Brooklyn?

Yesterday I went to my cousin's son's first birthday party. The following is a snippet of the conversation that took place almost immediately after I sat down at a table next to my great-aunt Irene.

Aunt Irene: How are you?

Me: Doing good.

Aunt Irene: Are you married yet?

Me: ["oh, Aunt Irene" laugh] No.

Aunt Irene: Are you seeing anybody?

Me: No.

Aunt Irene: Are there any fellas at your church you might be...?

Me: What is it with you Brooklyners?

Aunt Irene: You're wasting time....

Seriously. Between my church grandma Rosemary and my Aunt Irene.... Actually, I don't even know how to finish that sentence. Those women make me laugh and roll my eyes at the same time.

1 comment:

Mom Jones said...

Ouch! The world is not worthy of you, Suz! When (if) a truly godly fellow comes into your life, the LORD will make it happen -- if not, OK then! Never let aunts or people pressure you into "settling" just so that you can be "seeing" someone, dating, marrying, etc. It's the second hugest decision you will ever make in your life ... better safe than sorry.