Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Parody Hilarity

Current Favorite Parody Site: www.fiveminute.net/smallville/

This is a subsite of Five-Minute Voyager. This site has lots of different science fiction "fivers" (brief parodies), from Minority Report to Star Trek to Smallville to Final Fantasy (yes, the computer games). It's great. I want to do this for a living. Oh, but these people probably don't live on this. Hm. Too bad, since that one time a friend and I did a Smorgified version of The Importance of Being Earnest proved that writing these things is at least as fun as reading them.

Highlights from recent Smallville fivers:

Chloe: You know, honestly I don't think I'd win. You'd be mad at me if I did tell you, and you'd be mad if I didn't.
Clark: You think I get mad at you? That makes me ANGRY!

Lois: So why do I always pick the homicidal maniacs for boyfriends?
Ma Kent: Probably because you're stupid. Look, when I was your age, I had some real losers for boyfriends, but --
Lois: I know, I know. You had to date the bad ones to know the good ones and so I just need to stick with it and try to find the Right One™.
Ma Kent: Actually I was going to say, "but none of them were even close to homicidal."

Lex: I don't trust you, so let's have one of those verbal chess match thingies.
Fine: It'll end with me saying "Go on up, baldy!" and you breaking down into tears, so let's just skip that, okay?

Seriously, any parody that includes a reference to one of the less familiar stories of Elisha? Triple the coolness points.

No comments: