Saturday, April 15, 2006

Run, Forrest, Run!!

My parents' computer doesn't like Yahoo. It will randomly decide that it won't let me send messages. Weird.

Today Dad and I went running (and walking). We were out for two full hours, and we went a little over 7 miles total. Mom gave me a heart monitor of hers that she wasn't using anymore, so I could look down at my wrist and there was the stopwatch/heart rate at the same time. Very cool. Dad postulates that the reason I have only been able to go about a minute at a time outside is because I "take off like a gazelle" and don't set a sustainable pace. This was borne out by the fact that at the pace Dad set, I was able to get up to about 5 minutes at a time, a length of time I had previously only achieved on the treadmill.

I wish somebody who lived close by was a runner, so we could go running outside. I want to make friends with an imposing-looking male who can go running with me, so that nobody will honk. Even better, I want to make friends with an imposing-looking male and his intellectual wife (both beginner runners), so that we could have the male deterrent factor without really having the male/female factor, and so we could also have good conversations as we ran.

I also want a pony. (Okay, just kidding on that.)

Maybe I just need to move back in with my parents. That would solve the "nobody to run with" dilemma. Hm...tempting....

No comments: