Friday, September 30, 2005

"But soft ye now, the fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons be all my sins remembered."

I am going to see Hamlet tonight. I have never seen it onstage. I am quite, quite excited. Nay, say rather that my English/theatre-major soul sings within me at the very thought of such sport as this!

*sigh of geeky happiness*

I feel I am learning again (and I may have to learn it over and over throughout my life, but another thing I am learning is not to borrow trouble from the future)...well, I am not learning about how not to insert parenthetical comments. I cling to my parenthetical comments. Once more, then, with feeling....

I feel I am learning again how to be happy as me. ("Somebody who isn't too cool to believe it's okay to be just me.") I am a short geeky excitable wordsmith, and while I make a lousy hot athletic laconic person, I make an unbelievably good short geeky excitable wordsmith. ("I went looking for my ideals outside myself, and found that the things nearest and dearest to my heart were right here.")

Are you ever just really happy to be you? Not because of anything on the outside, but because of the inside? Have you ever been doing something you really enjoy and experienced an almost circular joy in that enjoyment? Do you ever laugh out loud when you are completely alone, or (for example) sit in your car smiling like a fool because it's just you and God, and you are sublimely satisfied with that?

I don't feel like that every day, but I think it's getting better all the time (and so are my mad quoting skills...Trudy: "How do you do that? I like quotes, too, but I can't remember every one I've ever heard."). And when I do feel that way....

Wow.

It's quite the rush.

6.5 more hours until curtain!!!!

No comments: