Friday, December 10, 2010

Highlights of my day

1. The vice-principal brought me a bag of chocolates somebody left at the front office for me because she knew it could be a stressful day due to the audit. When he arrived at my office he had to displace two middle school boys who had stopped in for a visit on their way to class.

2. Our school attendance audit went well. The auditors were very informative and helpful. Also, apparently when they arrived at the main building to meet up with the principal so she could walk them back to where the audit would be held, they started asking, "Is Suzanne here? Will we get to see Suzanne?"

3. Post-audit I had to cart all the attendance materials back to where they belong. As I struggled with my key in the lock, one of my high school boys was in the hallway on the other side of the door watching. When I entered, I said, "I do work here, I promise. I sometimes just have trouble with the keys." He responded, "Do you want me to get the other door for you?" (This from a boy who gets kicked out of class for disrespect on a regular basis.) "Yes, I really would, thank you," I said. (This from a woman who once resented any males holding doors for her as if she needed the help.)

4. Thinking "I will miss this place when I'm out for two weeks," and realizing I've never thought that about a job before. Have I mentioned that I love it there?

1 comment:

trudy said...

SUZANNE, I HAVE A SMILE ON MY FACE.