Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I Dreamed a Dream

Last night I had to step away from a teacher from where I work because Ben Linus needed me to do a favor for him. He had a cardboard box that he wanted me to return to a shelf in a warehouse. I kept watching my co-worker to make sure she wasn't paying attention because I didn't think she would understand why I was talking to him. She would probably take it the wrong way and think I was a traitor or something.

I was torn, because he was looking incredibly sincere and when Ben does that he's usually lying to you, but then again I'm about the biggest Ben fan ever and you never know when he's actually asking you to do something for a really good reason. Just because he's cried wolf a hundred times doesn't mean that the box wasn't perfectly innocuous and just needed to be reshelved, right? But then, why wouldn't he do it himself?

He could sense my hesitation and was becoming even more urgent and sincere in his arguments, which was making me more sure that I did not want to go along with this plan, and I was trying to figure out a way to say, "I don't think I trust you at this moment" without hurting his feelings too much.

And then my alarm went off. So I'm not sure how it ends. Awwww, man....

1 comment:

Stephenie said...

Uh oh, Suzanne. I have to confess something. My first thought when I read this was, "Who's Ben Linus, and why is Suzanne using her coworker's name on her blog and also why is she so worried what her other coworker thinks of her?" I read "Ben Linus" like 3 times and it didn't ring any bells. Feb. 2 can't come quickly enough.