Sunday, August 23, 2009

I like my job.

There will be tricky bits. There will be awkward training points. There will be lunch and shoe confusion (not confusing them with each other, just that lunch and shoes are my biggest office woes just now). There will be (dare I say it) the odd mistake.

But there will be steady work (STEADY WORK...as in not enough time to sigh over what I could be doing someplace else). There will be new challenges, and new systems to organize and refine, and new people, and my own office space (door and all) to decorate, and a sense that I'm working to further something I believe in (making a place for kids others have given up on) instead of just something that brings me money. Oh, and summers off. And snow days.

I think we're going to be good together.

Now I'm going to sleep. (Turns out being back to full-time work after five months off takes quite a toll.)

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I thrilled to hear you like it and will enjoy it. Yeah for summers off and snow days, if only I could find an engineering firm that did that. Not likely. And as far as engineering firms go mine is pretty great.

Abby said...

Snow days are the best!! After being homeschooled my whole life and thus never getting snow days, I loved the days that I got during my clinical in special ed. There's just nothing as good as waking up on a freezing cold morning and realizing you get to go back to bed = )