Thursday, February 12, 2009

More

This past year God has been giving me wisdom, and patience, and love, and brokenness, and uncertainty.

And I, who won't beg for anything, am begging for this now: more.

More wisdom. More patience. More love. More uncertainty about self, others, and situations if it means more certainty about Him. More brokenness if it means more realization that only He can fix me.

More of everything towards the goal of completion, of fighting the good fight, of keeping the faith.

More cracks in this clay jar self so that God's glory shines through the stronger.

More confidence. More expectation.

Beyond all I could ask or imagine.

More.

2 comments:

brooke sellers said...

Yes! and Amen!

Smart Aleck said...

1 Chronicles 4:10 (King James Version)

10And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.