Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Interesting phenomenon

Sometimes when I write a blog post specifically about trusting God and why I do trust him, I end up entering a period of time in which I'm strongly tempted to feel very, very sorry for myself for one reason or another (I have learned/am learning not to blog extensively at those times so I don't cringe as often at whininess when reading over old posts). Anyway, then I have to work to put what I just wrote into play in my life.

Sometimes I can't decide if this is a temptation or an opportunity. (That sounded kind of corporate-lingoistic, but I hope you know what I mean.) I choose to believe the latter. Even if things turn out as bleak as I can imagine they will at these sorts of times, I will trust that his ways are just and he acts for my good, because I love him and he says that's because he loved me first (I John 4:19), and ultimate good is in store for those he loves (Rom. 8:28).

Meanwhile, on this side of ultimate good, I've been having a sad sort of week and I'm praying for endurance and patience and perspective. (If you're praying and this happens to come to your mind, I'd appreciate some backup.)

"Weeping may last for the night, but a shout of joy comes in the morning" (Ps. 30:5b).

It always seems soon. Afterward.

2 comments:

Mom Jones said...

I'm backing you up Suz!

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for you! I love the verse from Psalms. I've found it to be so true! There are days where with my poor health and almost constant missing of people in Grand Rapids, I think that I can't spend another day like this. However, "his mercies are new every morning; Great is his faithfulness!". Love you!