Friday, June 22, 2007

Are you kidding me?

I don't know which is the most surreal....
  • My apartment is the cleanest it has been in weeks. Possibly months.
  • I am totally packed and almost completely ready (physically) for my mega-trip.
  • The mere fact that this trip is going to happen.

I feel very small and young. Definitely not the sort of person to be heading off on her own for one leg of a trip before meeting up with another person only slightly older than myself for the second leg, and ANOTHER person only slightly older than both of the first two of us for the majority of the trip.

I am 28. We have put a lot of planning into this. We will have fun.

I'm feeling bad about leaving my bird for 12 days, but he will be fine.

I already miss my parents and my brother (Jeremiah will be in Mexico next week; we're world travelers), but it isn't like they live in the same town as I do. It is sort of like we talk every day, though, so that will be different. No cell phone and no internet for 12 days. It's like a fast.

My next post will have pictures from Europe. How crazy is that?

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Last night was filled with panic, tonight it just seems surreal, I keep telling myself that tomorrow and I going to get up and go to the airport and by the time I go to bed again I will have seen Vienna and experienced a taste of Europe. Right now it doesn't seem real. And once I get up tomorrow it will be a very long time until I get to lay down again. It doesn't seem like reality - maybe that's good, less panic.

Jessie said...

Have so much fun!

Anonymous said...

We miss you, Suzanne!
We hope you are having/had a ton of fun, and the latest terrorist threats are not going to keep you overseas forever!!!!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

We are especially thankful the terrorist threats did not keep you overseas forever!

Picking you up at the airport was so worth our travel time a million times over. Dad and I will never forget it. :)

Love you so much,Suzanne!

Love, Mom